Counselor in Training (Ages 12-16)
Counselor in Training Program is currently full. Please check back for openings in Summer 2022.
Noblesville Parks and Recreation Department will create opportunities for Counselors in Training to learn and lead children at Noble Kids Camp. Counselor in Training participants will grow friendships amongst other teens looking to become leaders in their community. Participation in unique field trip and service opportunities will be included in the weekly activities. Teens will learn skills throughout the program that will continue to benefit them after summer camp is over; this includes SMART Goal planning, working in collaborative group settings and learning the necessary skills for effective decision making.
Counselor in Training camp hours will be from 8am-4pm. In addition to camp activities, participants will be assigned different roles and tasks each week as a part of their camp experience. This may include learning about goal setting and how having goals can enhance self-improvement, helping camp counselors manage younger campers (preschoolers and school aged campers), and participating in a community service project that benefits camp and the parks & recreation department. Community service projects may include, but are not limited to: Walking Noblesville Parks trails from Forest Park and picking up trash, sorting bottle caps for the community bench program, being a leader at preschool camp, etc.
Adventure Days (Field Trips):
Teens will have an opportunity to attend a scheduled Adventure Field Trip every week. On these adventure days, camp counselor staff will focus on a leadership development topic. Adventure outing opportunities will also contain hands-on experiences that reinforce leadership training.
Participants should sign up for the week(s) they wish to attend.
- Location: Forest Park Lodge
- Dates: June 7 - July 30
- Hours: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Ages: 12-16
- Cost: $50 + Field Trip Costs
- Registration links for each week are below:
- Week 1 (June 7-11): Urban Air Adventure Park (FULL)
- Week 2 (June 14-18): K-Trails Horseback Riding (FULL)
- Week 3 (June 21-25): Edge Adventures - Koteewi Park (FULL)
- Week 4 (June 28-July 2): Goods Candy Shop Tour (FULL)
- Week 5 (July 6-9): The Tie Dye Lab (FULL)
- Week 6 (July 12-16): Coxhall Mansion Tour (FULL)
- Week 7 (July 19-23): The Escape Room (FULL)
- Week 8 (July 26-30): Paddle Boating on the Canal (FULL)